Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Disconcerting Trend

Many of you have heard my story of the blood-donor greyhound and our trip years back to the Winter Park Spring Splash. Let's suffice it to say here that a nervous greyhound (and they're all nervous for some reason) combined with a white-knuckle traverse of Berthoud Pass can have unpleasant consequences if, say, no one bothers to let the dog out upon arrival.

In the past week I've been reminded twice of this event and have used it to convince myself that, in comparison, it's really not that bad. But here's what's bugging me: I got the car washed on Saturday. Man, It was a mess! The car has some other maintenance issues that are to be addressed this week, but washing it was the start.

Not two days later, the semi-trusty Subaru was the victim of what appears to be a fairly discontent - at least in a gastric sense - group of pigeons.

Yesterday, we got the carpets cleaned. No small feat, mind you, as it had been about a year since we'd had it done. When the guys finished it looked GREAT.

This time I didn't even get the two-day period to enjoy it.

Anybody want to buy a Malamute? She only craps on the carpet once every 4 years or so.

I apologize for the time that has passed since my last post. I am looking at the calendar to determine a date to give a few laps another shot. I've got a new job that will keep me busy, but still intend to make this happen come May. Stay tuned!

David

No comments:

Post a Comment