Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Welcome to 2010 all y'all!

Balance is an interesting concept. I get it, but regularly ignore it just the same. I’m thinking of things I’ve done on impulse that got me in trouble, got me past seemingly impossible hurdles, or got me completely baffled.

Today I joined Sonja (www.gosonja.com) for a portion of her run. I got the text a bit after 7:00 asking if I’d like to meet her. She’d already started and was planning on running until 11. So I dropped Makenzie off at daycare and was running by 8:50. Ended up running about 17 miles (2:45). Impulsive, but good.

When I got back to the car I had a message to be on a conference call in 20 minutes. I needed to eat – I knew that but wasn’t hungry –and wolfed down a yogurt and bottle of Perpetuam when I got home. Impulsive and bad! I’m still struggling to keep it down.

Over the holidays the impulsive was generally directed toward food and drink. This clearly did not work to my advantage and I’ve set a rather ambitious goal to get back to my normal weight by my birthday next Monday. Seems that if I set my mark on losing 5 or 6 pounds it doesn’t work. But dropping almost 15 lbs. in 10 days makes me change my behavior.
Like running for 2:45 today.

Strength training is back in. Spending a lot of time on the trainer. Writing it all down. I guess I’m sort of balanced. But shakin’ it up every once in a while sure is fun.

I’ll see if I can coordinate some time on the track after this upcoming cold spell sets us free.

No comments:

Post a Comment