Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Mile Markers

I've talked to many of you about running a fast mile. The conversation came up again in the last couple weeks and it got me thinking. Time to put my money where my mouth is.

Here's the idea. Starting in May, 2010 - on the 3rd Thursday of each month through September (that's 5 weeks), we get together to run the fastest mile we can. Entry is $20 bones, BUT every time you race, you get $4 back. Show up for every event and you're running this series for free. Miss a few, and we'll buy some beers for the final race in September.

Simple.

And a great way to see how you're progressing through the summer. Plus, I think it's just going to be fun. I'll be posting updates, training tips, etc. and I'll invite anyone interested in contributing to post here as well.

Honestly, when's the last time you ran all out for a mile?

I'm out to break 5.

1 comment: