Tuesday, December 22, 2009

If not a baseline, at least it's a start

So a few things to update. First, I ran up Mt. Evans on Saturday with Sonja of www.gosonja.com. Awesome - and I could move the day after (and even the day after that!). I took Sunday and Monday as recovery and met Renee, Angie and Harv at the track today to put in a mile. A stake in the ground.

After a couple of warm up laps (5 or 6?), Harv and I decided to give it a go. My plan was to start with an 85 second lap and try to reduce it by 5 seconds on each follow. We started fast. I let Harv take a few yards on me which grew to 10 - 15 by the end of the first lap. 82 seconds (for me). A little faster than I planned, and now I was feeling the effects of Saturday's 27 mile adventure!

Starting the 2nd lap, we get about halfway up the straight and Harv stops. Done. I press on.

My watch buttons are a bit screwy, so I don't have lap times for the remaining three laps. It was a bit breezy and cool today, and I was definitely not 100%, but I'm pretty happy with my time.

After I cooled down, Angie and Renee got ready for their lap. Harv warmed up again with them and decided to give it another shot (thata boy!).

Renee and Ang both started conservatively (interesting how different boys and girls can be) and ran strong the whole way. Harv's redoux was much more controlled.

In the end:

Renee 7:54
Angie 7:32
Harv 6:24
David 5:58

So, it's a starting point. I'm going to wait to get a better weather day and appropriate rest before I call anything a baseline, but I've got some work to do!

Merry Christmas Everyone! Keep on Runnin'!

David

1 comment: